Category Archives: Oklahoma Corporation Commission
Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner Bob Anthony (R) Seeks Re-Election. Commission is Overloaded w/Work
Bob Anthony (R-OK) is seeking re-election as Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner in 2012. Another republican Brooks Mitchell is running against him. Both of these candidates will compete in the primaries on June 26, 2012. There are no democrats running for this state office.
Anthony says he’s has business experience & is a military veteran (Airforce & Air Defense Artillery). He explains that the Oklahoma Corporation Commission regulates big monopoly public utilities such as electric & gas, railroad crossing & cotton gins. He responded in this interview that the commission however does not regulate rural water districts due to state legislation. When I suggested that the Oklahoma legislatures place rural water districts under the corporation commission’s jurisdiction, he indicated that the commission already has a lot on their plate.
This interview was done at Oklahoma GOP state convention on May 12, 2012 at Embassy Suites in Norman, Oklahoma. At this state GOP Convention I did not see his opponent Brooks Mitchell. Therefore I was unable to meet with Mitchell.
- Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner Bob Anthony off to early fundraising lead for re-election (newsok.com)
- Three file for Oklahoma Corporation Commission races (newsok.com)
- Administrator seeks to be corporation commissioner (muskogeephoenix.com)
- Brooks Mitchell enters race for Oklahoma Corp. Comm. seat (newsok.com)
- June 26 Oklahoma State Primary Full Election Votes Results (koco.com)